This is my modification/furtherAdaptation of a "Cut N Clean Greens" recipe
I documented here.
This version uses 5oz. of kale and makes a reasonable amount for a group of four or so people.
I also give my preparation tips.
- 1 bunch of (preferably curly green) kale.
- 1 t coarse sea and/or kosher salt
- ¾ c chopped cilantro
- ½ t cayenne (maybe a little less, depending on your audience)
- 1 c ripe avocado, diced (maybe 1 medium-large avocado)
- 2½ T olive oil
- 1½ - 2 T lemon juice
- 1 c tomato, diced (maybe 1½ medium tomatoes)
- 12 to 18 roasted almonds, chopped
- Tear the kale from its stems, tearing into bite-sized pieces
- Maybe rinse and dry the kale, and put it into a large bowl, one with a little friction if possible
- With clean, bare hands, massage the salt into the kale, softening it a lot
- Distribute the avocado and cilantro over the kale
- Sprinkle on the cayenne
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over it all
- Genlty massage all of this again, causing much of the avocado to suffuse into the
lemon and olive oil, combining with the salt and cayenne to make a yummy dressing.
Stop while you've still got plenty of nice avocado chunks left.
- Add the tomato, and toss a bit more to distribute
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the chopped almonds
- It will be fairly spicy, but I think it's excellent.
- It's also a bit salty for anyone concerned about that, but it tastes great!
- Maybe consume with some hearty bread.